2022 Skill building / Comp
Monthly Comp – Plus Skill building
*FREE EVENT – You must register to participate
Join us on the first Saturday of each month to learn or brush up on a tactical skill.
Each month we will post a new fun course focused on individual tactical skills. The course can be shot on your own or join us at our range (when available) to train with other like-minded students like yourself.
Every course will have at least two levels so everyone can participate. We want new shooters as well as advanced shooters to gather in one place and share in the fun and learn from each other.
Lesson of the month
- Transition – Transition – Transition
- It is faster to transition from a rifle to a handgun than it is to fix the malfunction.
- 1 semi-auto rifle
- 1 handgun
- 2 rifle magazines
- Magazine holder
- Secure handgun holster
- Rifle Sling
- Tac Vest (20 pounds of weight)
Course of fire:
- Range: 10 yards
- Rounds: 6 Rifle, 3 handgun
- Target: 3 Dot Target PRINT HERE 3 Shot Drill
- Inner white is for advanced
- Rectangles are for rifle rounds
- The circle is for handgun
- Set up
- One target stand
- One barricade
- One rifle magazine with 6 rounds and one handgun magazine with 3 rounds
- 75 extra yards of space
- NOTE: Do not run with a loaded weapon, Do not go beyond your current skill level (ie, if you have not been trained how to draw a handgun don not do it.)
- Start from behind your barricade, on the command to fire you will move away from your barricade 75 yards and BACK; wearing your vest, handgun, ammo, and rifle, all unloaded. (or start 150 yards out and run to the barricade if you have room)
- All rounds will be shot from the 10 yard line
- Once back you will load your rifle fire three rounds from one side of the barricade in one of the rectangles, move the other side of the barricade fire three more rounds in the clean rectangle. Once you fire your last round move behind cover.
- Draw and load your handgun and place three rounds in the circle.
- Time ends whit the last handgun round.
- Best time plus best score
- Each round is worth 1 point
- Each round missed is plus 10 seconds and no points, the circumference of the round must be within the target in order to count.
Sample course run – I am sure you can beat my time 62.93 Sec with one Handgun miss for a total score of 8 and a time of 72.93Sec with penalties.