Cross Valley National Training Center
Are you ready to learn what your rifle is really capable of?
Are you getting bored with the same old target shooting from a stationary bench?
Do you want to improve your rifle shooting skills in a variety of different situations in different environments?
A “yes” answer to any of these questions means that you are ready for Platform Rifle 1, a rifle training course that takes you out of your comfort zone and into a whole new gunfighting mindset.
Rifle Training That Really Matters
The Platform Rifle 1 course at Cross Valley Training takes the rifle marksmanship fundamentals you have previously learned and applies them to real-world scenarios. This type of rifle training will help you to understand how your rifle works in situations outside of the structured and limited target practice you’ve experienced at the range. You’ll take part in essential rifle training that will help prepare you for any type of situation that requires proficient handling, moving, and usage of your rifle.
In your day of instruction with Cross Valley Training, you’ll learn the following platform rifle techniques and drills:
- How to drive your gun – and how to prevent the gun from driving you.
- Malfunction clearing – you’ll learn how to properly clear various malfunctions your rifle may have including stovepipes, failure to extract, failure to feed, failure to eject, double feeds, and more. You’ll learn how to quickly and safely respond to malfunctions and stay in the fight.
- Reloading on the fly – you’ll learn how to quickly and effectively reload your platform rifle to keep rounds going down range.
- Mechanical offset – you’ll learn what mechanical offset is and how it relates to your point of aim and point of impact.
- Control of your surroundings – you’ll learn how to use your surroundings to take advantage of cover and concealment.
Build Confidence With Your Platform Rifle
The best marksmen, gunfighters, and firearm owners all have one thing in common – they know their firearm systems like the back of their hand. These people have spent countless hours training with their firearms. They know exactly how their firearms work. They know the strengths and weaknesses of every platform they use. In other words, they are one with their gun.
The Platform Rifle 1 course is the perfect way to lay a strong foundation for your platform rifle training. This one-day course will teach you everything you need to know to build and maintain essential rifle shooting skills in an exciting and challenging environment. In fact, this fundamental rifle training course will prepare you to take your firearms training to the next level with Cross Valley’s advanced rifle courses.
Platform Rifle 1 Course Information
The Platform Rifle 1 course is held on a primitive range. This means that this range lacks modern luxuries such as bathrooms or other facilities.
This range is a cold range. No loaded firearms are allowed except during training, and only when your instructor tells you when you are to load your firearm.
Bring lunch with you. We will not be leaving the range until the training day is complete.
Required For The Platform Rifle 1 Course (bring these things with you)
- Semi-automatic, magazine-fed, rifle (must be unloaded and clear at all times unless instructed otherwise).
- Magazines – bring a minimum of 2 magazines for your rifle (magazines must be unloaded at all times unless instructed otherwise).
- Ammunition – 200 rounds of store-bought ammunition for your rifle. Hand-loaded ammunition is prohibited.
- PPE – hearing and eye protection are required.
- Additional gear – though not required, you may want to bring the following with you: a sling for your rifle, magazine pouches, cleaning gear for your rifle, magazine loaders, and any tools needed to adjust your sights, if needed.
Please contact Cross Valley Training at (509) 383-3030 for more information about the Rifle 1 course, or any other firearms training course that we offer.
We design our courses to use a minimal amount of ammo due to the current cost and shortage. However, we will not limit you if you would like to train more with more rounds.
We anticipate some that show up may have never shot a rifle. It is beneficial if you zero your rifle before you show up and if you are at least failure with your rifle but if you are not we are prepared for that as well. Join us at any level for a non-judgmental training day to learn and test your limits.