Cross Valley National Training Center
- Are you a new handgun owner?
- Do you desire to know more about your handgun?
- Have you shot a pistol for years but never taken a formal class?
- Do you want to improve your handgun skills in various environments?
A “yes” answer to any of these questions means that you are ready for Handgun 1. The only handgun course; that long-time shooting instructors teach at a level anyone can understand.
Handgun Training that may save your life!
The Handgun 1 course at Cross Valley Training takes the fundamentals of marksmanship to a new level. This training will help you understand how your handgun works in situations outside the structured and limited target practice you’ve previously experienced.
You’ll learn essential handgun skills at a personal level geared toward you as an individual. This day will be all about you!
In your day of instruction with Cross Valley Training, you’ll learn the following techniques and skills:
- Fundamentals of marksmanship – You will learn about the proper grip, stance, sight alignment, sight picture, and trigger control.
- Fixing your handgun – you’ll learn how to properly clear various malfunctions your handgun may have, including stovepipes, failure to extract, failure to feed, failure to eject, double feeds, and more. You’ll learn how to quickly and safely respond to malfunctions and stay in the fight.
- Emergency reloads – you’ll learn how to quickly and effectively reload your handgun to keep rounds going down range.
- Carry considerations– you will have opportunities to speak with others and instructors about how they carry a handgun in public.
- Responsibility – Taking a gun into a public space or the range or just having it in your home is a big responsibility. Learn how to secure your firearm at all times.
Building Confidence With Your Handgun
The best firearms instructors all have one thing in common – they know their firearm systems like the back of their hand. Firearms instructors have spent countless hours training. They know precisely how their firearms work. They know the strengths and weaknesses of every platform they use. In other words, they are one with their gun.
The handgun 1 course is the perfect way to lay a strong foundation. This one-day course will teach you everything you need to know to build confidence handling your firearm and maintain essential shooting skills in an exciting, WELCOMING, and challenging environment.
This introductory handgun training course will prepare you for a lifetime of fun.
HANDGUN ONE Course Information
Handgun One is conducted on a primitive range. You will be outdoors- you must check the weather before arrival and dress appropriately. You will need to plan to bring water and food. Bathrooms are currently porta potties.
This range is a cold range. No loaded firearms are allowed except while on the firing line. Your instructor will let you know when to load your handgun.
Bring lunch with you. There will be a break time for lunch. We are approximately 15 minutes from the nearest restaurant and there is no food on site.
Required Equipment (bring these things with you)
- Semi-automatic Handgun Your handgun must be unloaded at all times unless instructed otherwise.
- Magazines – bring a minimum of 2 magazines (Unloaded magazines unless instructed otherwise).
- Ammunition – You will need approximately 400 rounds of store-bought ammunition for your handgun. Hand-loaded ammunition is prohibited.
- PPE – HEARING and EYE protection are required.
- HOLSTER – A hard-sided or rigid holster such as a Leather, Kydex, or Hybrid holster is required. You will also need a sturdy belt or method to secure your holster to your person.
- Additional gear – though not required, you should bring the following: magazine pouches, cleaning gear, magazine loaders, and any tools needed.
This event will be held at Cross Valley National Training Center located about 15 miles east of Ellensburg on the Vantage Highway.
24661 Vantage Highway, Ellensburg, WA 98926
Don’t hesitate to contact Cross Valley Training at (509) 383-3030 for more information about the HANDGUN ONE or any other firearms training we offer.
We design our courses to use a minimal amount of ammo due to the current cost and shortage. However, we will not limit you if you would like to train more with more rounds.
We anticipate some that show up may have never shot a rifle. It is beneficial if you zero your rifle before you show up and if you are at least failure with your rifle but if you are not we are prepared for that as well. Join us at any level for a non-judgmental training day to learn and test your limits.